After a highly erotic and heavy make out, you are just about ready to hit the fourth base when pop goes the balloon. Your boner –a source of pride for you and a source of great pleasure to your partner- has now become a flabby flesh. Getting an erection is not that simple. Your brain, heart, blood vessels, hormones, and a lot many other things need to fall in place before the penis can stand in attention. Erectile dysfunction can happen to anyone at any time. Here are some ways you can have a strong hard-on.
1) Cut down on bad habits: Bad habits like smoking and drinking can give an impression of you being macho, but sorry to inform you they are not good for your boner. Though alcohol intake may give you sexual arousal in the beginning, too much of it can keep your penis flaccid. Smoking, in the long run, is known to shrivel your penis. A shrunk penis is nothing to be proud of and definitely not a turn on for your partner.
2) Tone Your Body: Obesity and being overweight is not good news for your sexual health. Losing body weight through rigorous exercise or yoga can help you get hard erections.
3) Choose Your Diet: A healthy diet reduces the chance of ED. Reduce the intake of processed food, red meat, and sugar. Add more fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains to your diet. In short, food that is not good for your heart is definitely not good for your penis.
4) De-stress: Stress, as we know, is the root cause of most sexual dysfunctions. Throw stress out of your life completely (highly unlikely) to get a hard erection. Getting adequate sleep, doing meditation, and having a sincere conversation with your partner can de-stress you to a great extent. Also, remaining faithful to your partner can give you hard erections since the cost of being unfaithful is the stress of being caught, and stress is a no-boner.
5) Sweat it out: Penis is a network of arteries and veins. Exercises keep these healthier, cleaner, and more flexible, leading to hard erections. Walking and cardio build the nitric oxide, which helps maintain erections.
6) Medications: If you are longing for a hard erection, you could opt for some medicines available in the market after consulting your doctor. The most common medications prescribed for harder erections are PDE5-inhibitors like tadalafil, avanafil, and sildenafil. You can also use natural supplements to get a stiffer erection. Herbs such as ginseng, maca root, and horny goat weed are much sought after for a hard-on. You can also try DHEA and L-arginine supplements. It might be the case that some medications you are already taking for other illnesses might be giving you ED as a side-effect. So it is better to consult your physician before trying medications or supplements for ED
To summarize, a combination of simple lifestyle change, and natural remedies can reverse the symptoms of ED, giving you that enviable hard-on.