Erectile dysfunction is something that affects one out of every three men in general. Although it is said that problems of ED rise with age, 1 of four men below 40 years also complains of erection problems. Erectile dysfunction or ED, also known as impotence, or the inability of a man to achieve and maintain an erection firm enough for penetration. This leads to many issues like relationship problems, lack of self-confidence and so on.
Sustain your erections with Bold.
But unfortunately, the troubles don’t end here. Having ED also signifies your likeliness of suffering from heart diseases. It was found that men with erectile dysfunction were 8 times more susceptible to heart failure and had a 60% higher chance of suffering from heart diseases. So how can one prevent ED? Along with many lifestyle changes, some simple changes in diet can actually help fight erectile dysfunction.
Like for example, if you are a meaty person, or fond of fatty foods, it’s time to say a no-no to meats and fats! This is because certain foods like unhealthy fats and meats lead to the blocking of arteries, not only to the heart but to all the other organs, including the penis. Therefore, smart change in diet can actually help curb ED in a big way. Here is what you need to have on your plate, to stay and play healthy!
- Green leafy veggies: We have seen Popeye the sailor man; how he gets his bout of strength, thanks to the can of spinach that he just gulps in! They go a long way in preventing erectile dysfunction, thanks to the high concentration of nitrates which work as vasodilators (substances that open up blood vessels, thereby increasing the blood flow). There are already many published reports on the benefits of nitrates in preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Dark Chocolates: Not only would these add to the bedroom romance, but the flavonoids present in dark chocolates help improve blood circulation, including penile blood flow. They also help in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, which are again some factors that are responsible for ED.
- Coffee: Coffee does not only leads to an increase in libido but also helps fight ED. This is because the caffeine in coffee helps improve blood flow by relaxing the penile arteries and muscles, leading to a stronger erection.
- Watermelons: Watermelons have since long, had the reputation of being an aphrodisiac. This is because watermelons are a rich source of Citrulline. Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that dilates blood vessels very much like the viagra. Therefore adding watermelons to your diet, can definitely improve your sexual functioning by preventing ED.
- Tomatoes and Pink Grapefruit: Tomatoes and pink grapefruits, both are a rich source of lycopene, which is a photo nutrient that helps in preventing erectile dysfunction. Studies prove lycopene to lower oxidative stress and improve blood flow, both of which help curb erectile dysfunction.
- Oats: Oats are not only super healthy, but they also help to prevent episodes of ED. Thanks to the amino acid, L- arginine found it oats, it helps in maintaining an erection and reaching orgasm. This amino acid helps relax the muscles around the penis blood vessels, which allows them to expand and increase blood flow so that you can get an erection.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP