Everything seemed and went perfect on the date till it was time for the main course- the intercourse! The penis disobeyed you and the natural law of nature by deciding to keep soft and calm. Well, being betrayed by your body part does not only hampers your self-esteem but also your entire male pride!
Almost all men face erectile dysfunction (ED) at some point or the other in their lives. But if it’s pretty often or even one out of every three times, you need to do something about it. You would be glad to know that being such a common problem, dietary supplements and natural remedies for erectile dysfunction have been popular for ages in Asian and African countries.
Although some of them are completely safe, some might interact with some other medications to cause some side effects. So if you choose to tackle your ED issue the natural way, here are six supplements that can help you!
1. DHEA: Dehydroepiandrosterone ( DHEA) is a natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands. This gets converted to testosterone in men and is known to help prevent erectile dysfunctions. As you age, your natural DHEA levels subside. Taking this supplement will help improve your sexual functioning as well as increase your energy levels.
2. Horny Goat weed (epimedium): Substances found in the leaves of this herb, is known to improve sexual functioning. How it works is not too clear but scientists feel that it alters the hormone levels in the body thereby helping improve performance and reducing ED.
3. Rhodiola Rosea: A small study conducted on this herb has shown it to improve energy and reduce fatigue. Men who took this herb for 3 months or more have reported significant improvement in their sexual functioning.
4. Yohimbe: Yohimbine, the active ingredient in Yohimbe supplements is found in the bark of an African tree. There is sufficient clinical research to show that this supplement helps in improving the penile blood flow, thereby helping in preventing ED.
5. Panax Ginseng: Also known as the herbal viagra Panax ginseng (red ginseng) has some solid research behind it to prove its effectiveness. Reputed as an aphrodisiac, in traditional Chinese medical practice it is known to treat sexual dysfunction as well as enhance sexual behavior. Also, this drug is known to improve lung functioning and improve blood flow, all of which helps in combating ED.
6. L - Arginine: This is an amino acid that helps build body proteins. It helps to stimulate blood vessels to make them wider, thereby improving blood flow. This increased blood flow to the penis, helps a man get an erection easily leading to healthy sexual functioning. A study has even revealed that L- arginine when combined with pycnogenol (a substance found in tree bark), helped restored 80% sexual ability in the participants, after taking the same for almost 2 months.
So if you are suffering from ED, there are many ways for you to tackle the same instead of feeling upset or depressed. But before taking any medication, it always best to consult your doctor.