In the introductory scene of the recently released movie Dabangg 3, Salman Khan was shown defeating one of the strong goons and dictating him that tobacco is injurious to health. Not only that the film also had a scene in one of its song, where Salman tries to impress his first girlfriend (played by Saiee Manjrekar) by showing how cool he looks when he smokes, but she stops his act, setting an example that many girls don't love guys who smoke. Well, that made me certainly laugh, but on deep thought, I have realized that advertising agencies and media, in general, are coming up with the best and innovative anti-smoking messages now and then to encourage people to give up the habit of smoking.
So why do people smoke?
Some people get into the habit of smoking to come out of certain situations that make them deeply sad, or they smoke when they are emotionally upset. Some people smoke because they are addicted to it and do not support the idea of quitting tobacco.
How is smoking related to Erectile Dysfunction?
Many studies prove that people who smoke are more likely to develop erectile dysfunction than people who are non-smokers. The reason is smoking affects circulation in all areas of the body, thus making it difficult to maintain an erection required for sexual intercourse. Smoking also leads to other health issues such as high blood pressure, heart attack, different types of cancer, etc., which directly hampers sexual health.Better Erections with Misters Bold
Now what to do to quit smoking?
- Take a calendar and choose a date to stop smoking.
- It's time to throw away all the material that will prompt you to smoke. e.g., ashtrays, cigarettes, lighters, etc.
- In case you smoke more than nine cigarettes a day, it's high time to consult a doctor for proper medication.
- Whenever you feel helpless and want to light a cigarette, distract yourself with a plan B, which can be going to a favorite place, watching a movie, meeting a friend, anything that will keep you engaged till the time you give up the idea to smoke.
- Prepare a new routine that will focus on eating healthy, sleeping for a good number of hours, and exercising.
- Avoid or ignore your friends who encourage you to smoke.
- Talk to your family members and co-workers and tell them to help you to come out of the smoking habit.
- Join a Yoga class with your partner or a friend to stay physically and mentally active.
Now how do you know if you have become tobacco-free?
If you DO NOT face any of the below withdrawal symptoms for an extended period, then you are getting better and on the journey to stay tobacco-free:
- Dizziness for a day or two
- Chest tightness
- Trouble sleeping
You can also consult your doctor and check if you can utilize certain aids such as non-nicotine drugs, nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine nasal spray to get rid of the smoking habit.