You read the title. I don’t want to beat around the bush. Just so that you don’t need to look anywhere else, find the Misters curated list of foods that benefit men’s sexual health here:
- Peaches: Rich in vitamin C, consuming peaches help enhance quality of sperm and improves it’s count too.
- Steaks: Great news for all hardcore meat eaters. Steaks contain a healthy combination of Vitamin B, protein and zinc. These compounds are responsible for elevating levels of libido in not only men, but also women.
- Eggs: Believe it. The amino acid L-arginine it comprises makes for healthier erections.
- Almonds: Also packed with L-arginine, they improve blood circulation in the body that helps maintain erections longer.
- Red wine: If your sex drive depends on that of your partner, a glass of red wine for your girl may revv her up for sex through lubrication and amped up sexual desire. Not to mention, this one applies only to the Misters and girls of legal age, so don’t be naughty.
- Figs: Also possessing amino acids, this power food is responsible for improving sexual stamina. Try it out.
- Broccoli: It aids the removal of excess oestrogen and in turn, increases testosterone levels in the body which is pleasant news if you wish to have good sex.
- Garlic: It comprises allicin, high levels of which facilitate a healthy blood flow to the penis, resulting in a stronger erection. Garlic is also useful in managing Erectile Dysfunction, an increasingly common sexual dysfunction among men.
- Chia seeds: A perfect harmony of fiber, proteins and healthy fats that chia seeds have can keep you going at it for quite a while.
- Asparagus: Sex is as much a mental feat as much as a physical one. Stacked with folate, this food builds a keen sense of focus during sex.
I hope you know that these foods help, but they will help more if you tackle other causes of a decreased sex drive, along with these. Some of these are: obesity, stress, anxiety, dehydration, erratic sleeping habits, smoking and drinking. These sound like things you could control, right? So go ahead and do that and become a beast in bed!
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP