What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation is a sexual dysfunction in which a man ejaculates or releases semen earlier than as desired by him. There is no set standard as such for how early too early is, but most doctors consider ejaculating within a minute of one’s arousal as Premature Ejaculation.
Research suggests that numerous people consider quick or early ejaculation sexy on a man’s part, but this condition could also lead to ejaculation immediately after penetration. Let’s face it, that doesn’t leave much scope for enjoyment or fulfilment for either partner. Hence, it is a condition that needs due attention and treatment.
What are some of the home remedies for premature ejaculation?
Acute cases of Premature Ejaculation definitely need medical intervention and treatment. However, the good news is that a milder version of the condition can definitely be managed with the help of home remedies listed below. Note that these include both remedies that involve making necessary changes to your lifestyle and food groups that will help men suffering from PE. Here are some practices you can follow:
- Masturbating a few hours before sex is always a good practice in order to delay ejaculation.
- Pelvic exercises such as Kegels are an efficient measure through which males can strengthen their penile muscles thereby controlling Premature Ejaculation.
- The pause and squeeze technique is another effective manner through which ejaculation can be temporarily kept at bay. As the name suggests, men are advised to take a pause just as they feel like ejaculating during sex and squeeze the end of their penis gently. This will help.
Here are some foods that are best consumed by affected men. You can eat these foods even if you don’t have Premature Ejaculation, though. They’re yummy!
- Avocados: Rich in Vitamin B, K and K, this food facilitates healthy blood circulation to your penis, ensuring a stronger, lasting erection.
- Walnuts: These are proven to help reduce impotence, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction in men.
- Spinach: Men who face Premature Ejaculation are proven to possess low amounts of magnesium in their bodies, when compared to men who don't suffer from this condition. Spinach has high amounts of magnesium that boots both sexual and physical health.
- Oatmeal: Stress and anxiety among men has been recorded as a contributing factor to PE. Oatmeal releases the serotonin hormone that relieves unease, resulting in better mental health and consequently, a healthy penis.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP