A hot flash can be associated with a situation where one feels intense heat that is not caused by the external environment, and it just appears out of nowhere. Hot flashes are commonly related to women who are undergoing menopause. It should be noted that men also experience hot flashes.
Possible reasons for hot flashes in males
Women tend to experience hot flashes because they are experiencing a sudden shift in the state of their hormones. Meanwhile, men do not manage a sharp decline in their testosterone range. They experience only less than two per cent decrease in the T level every year after the age of 30. This is quite a steady decline if you ask.Boost Testosterone Naturally with Misters Daily Josh
Androgen deprivation therapy
Hot flashes in a male’s life happen due to the result of prostate cancer treatment known as androgen deprivation therapy. The therapy is reliant on limiting the production of testosterone so that it doesn’t contribute to the cancer cell growth. It is said that almost 80 per cent of men who undergo this therapy may experience hot flashes.
Hot flashes in males also come with a variety of other symptoms like mood swings, erectile dysfunction, and loss of libido. All this and more may happen because the male suffers from anxiety or depression.Boost Testosterone Naturally with Misters Daily Josh
Low testosterone levels or the ‘low T’ can happen for numerous reasons, but men with medical reasoning have hot flashes.
Hot flashes symptoms in men
- The symptoms consist of a warm sensation in the body suddenly, red skin, and heavy sweating.
- The hormone fluctuation causes a lot of different senses in both men and women, but the hot flashes symptom is the same in both the sexes. The warmth and flushed sensation are felt immensely in the head and trunk areas. A lot of times, the person may start sweating heavily, and red skin may begin to occur with these symptoms alongside.
- The symptoms usually last up to four minutes and may end in a cold sweat. Males and females experience the symptoms in an infrequent pattern, but others would experience such symptoms for ten times in a day.
- Most men stop having flashes within three to four months of finishing their androgen deprivation treatment. Men who stay on the therapy may continue to experience these symptoms.
Prevention and treatment of hot flashes in males
- Diet improvement, regular sleep schedule, and a wholesome fitness plan may diminish the frequent episodes of hot flashes.
- A study found out that consumption of antidepressants, progestin hormones including Megestrol, or antiandrogen hormones such as Cyproterone can help in the treatment of hot flashes in males. Estradiol and testosterone replacement therapy might also be of use. Remember that testosterone therapy has a history of contradiction in men with prostate cancer since it might aggravate the growth of cancer cells. So, talk to your physician before you consume any off-label medicines.
- Hot flashes are prevented when one stops the consumption of alcohol, coffee, smoking, food that is spicy, warm room temperature, and avoids tight clothing.
- Hot flashes can limit your lifestyle, and are known to be irritating and a cause of frustration; the good news is there are treatments available to get rid of hot flashes. It is essential to identify the cause of hot flashes and then work towards its elimination.
- Make a note in your diary and see if certain medicines or food groups are contributing to hot flashes in you. There are several medications available in the market that help derail hot flashes in males. Black cohosh and ginseng have known to be of profound help in hot flashes treatments, as some studies suggest.
- A change in food consumption and better stress management can have a significantly good effect on hot flash development. Your doctor will help you with a customised meal plan that will further your good health and may even help in losing weight as excess fat is related to hormonal imbalance that contributes to hot flashes and other problems associated with it.
- Do not forget to eat fruits and leafy vegetables; they are a rich source of antioxidants, polyphenols, minerals, and vitamins. These food groups help maintain a healthy diet and glowing health in you.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RPBoost Testosterone Naturally with Misters Daily Josh