We all like to add a little spice now and then to our lives and in our food. However, do you experience an unexplained pleasure every time something spicy hits your taste buds and burns it? Well if yes, this capsaicinophilic trait can work in your favour most unexpectedly.
The claim comes from a French study. Performed under the name and guidance of the University of Grenoble, the study tested 114 men as a subject. The men were between the age of 20 to 45 years. These men were given spicy food for a brief period. Surprisingly, their testosterone level increased, and their partners claimed that they performed bedroom duties better. The researchers were not able to figure out how exactly spicy food affected the male sex hormone level positively, but it did show results. Contrastingly, men eating a minimal to zero-spicy diet for a while noticed a small drop in their testosterone level.
Facilitate healthy testosterone levels with Josh.
Another research conducted by OnePoll in association with El Yucateco, a Mexican hot sauce brand tells the same story but in a different way. Two thousand people participated in the conducted survey. The survey had questions related to a person's preference for eating spicy food, love for spices and sex life. The results reflected that people who ate more spice in their food were twice more sexually active than people who did not like eating spicy food.
That is not all; the USA carried out another study. Results found that people who switched ketchup with habanero sauce were more outgoing, adventurous, and indulgent in sports, roller coasters, and loud music. The kind of liking indicates a sudden testosterone rush in the body.
Which ingredients in your kitchen cabinet should make the cut? Here is the list -
- Dried Chilies - Dried chillies are an essential part of any spice box. These whole dried peppers can give food and ones sex life a zing.
- Ginger - Not everyone's favourite ingredient. Ginger can provide mild heat to dishes and bedroom duties.
- Garlic - Garlic works by giving your food those edgy and robust flavours. Moreover, it is a seldomly recognized aphrodisiac.
- Jalapeño - Yes, that beautiful pizza topping is a green pepper through and through, functioning just like its red sibling.
- Mustard - The spiciness of whole grain mustard and mustard powder adds warmth to food and bed by enhancing libido.
- Garam Masala - This 'hot mix of spices' creates a unique spectrum of heat and flavours in your favourite dish and late-night activity.
If you are a man who loves experimenting with food while having sex, this one is for you. The whole idea of having a hit show under the sheets and eating some favourite foods while you are at it is not a bad deal, right?
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP
Another natural way to last longer...