Fellas, was there a time where you ‘finished’ too soon? Or where you got going with your partner but finished in a matter of seconds? Although, it may have crossed your mind - with the social stigma present - you may be going through premature ejaculation(PE).
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Science has defined PE as ‘the orgasm of a male either before or just at the beginning of intercourse.’ So, in other words, if you ‘finish’ just at the start or just before the start of intercourse, you probably just ejaculated too quick (PE). Nothing to be ashamed of though, as PE is one of the most common issues that males face. Stats have shown that around 30-40% of males around the world have experienced or are experiencing PE. (Read: Types of Premature Ejaculation You Might Be Dealing With)
Men lose their confidence when they fail to extend the duration of their sex. This type of disorder also causes significant stress. When it appears regularly, problems with premature ejaculation can even have disastrous consequences on a couple's relationship.
Just like many other sexual disorders, it is possible to treat premature ejaculation and this article will allow you to do it in a natural way with foods to cure premature ejaculation.
Consume Foods Rich in Zinc
Our diet greatly affects all areas of our life and this also affects our sexual performance. Changing your lifestyle is essential to treat premature ejaculation in a natural way, and you can easily achieve this by changing your diet.
We recommend that you consume foods rich in zinc because this trace element greatly improves male sexual performance.
How Zinc-rich foods help to cure premature ejaculation?
Zinc regulates the production of testosterone; it stimulates the libido and optimizes the quality of erections.
One study also indicates that consuming zinc helps delay ejaculation without affecting libido, sexual stamina and other factors.
As you can see, zinc can boost testosterone production and it also optimizes sexual performance. We would also like to point out that zinc improves endurance, thus optimizing the performance of the organism during sexual intercourse and sports activities.
It is, therefore, not surprising to find that this trace element is included in the composition of many food supplements specially designed to optimize male sexual performance.
Zinc is particularly interesting because it suffices to modify your diet to consume enough. Foods rich in zinc include oysters, spinach, beef, shrimp, beans, seeds, watermelon, garlic, nuts, and mushrooms.
Along with healthier food habits, incorporate natural, Ayurvedic supplements with little to no side-effects to your life, for better performance in bed.
10 foods that will help treat premature ejaculation
Your diet could be a significant add-on to fighting against PE; what you add to your diet could really change the way your penile muscles work in the bedroom. Let's break it down, here are the top 10 foods to cure premature ejaculation that you should include in your diet:
- Ashwagandha: One of the popular ingredients in most dietary supplements for men, Ashwagandha is closely linked to increase in the production of testosterone. It is also considered as one of best foods to cure premature ejaculation.
- Green onion seeds: They help increase your stamina and prolongs sexual capacity. Crush a few seeds and pop them into a glass of water around once or twice a day. Sounds gross, but could help you work your ‘magic’.
- Avocados: Rich in vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin K, avocados help in increasing blood flow to your penile muscles, which is the point right? It is known to contain enough zinc to treat premature ejaculation. Add a few slices over toast or make a salad out of it, simple!
- Walnuts: These help to reduce impotence, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction because of their antioxidant, omega-3, and anti-inflammatory properties. You could eat them in a salad or as is.
- Spinach: Science has proven that men who ejaculate quicker have a lower amount of magnesium compared to those who don't. Spinach has a high supply of magnesium. Adding this to your diet not only helps boost your sexual health but also your physical health.
- Oats: Stress and anxiety can affect PE if you have it, or can cause PE due to psychological pressure. Oats is an excellent booster of serotonin which helps reduce stress and anxiety - definitely a sweet add-on to your diet.
7. Bananas: The potency of this fruit for the treatment of premature ejaculation is due to the fact that it increases the production of testosterone and increases blood circulation. You also cannot neglect their energizing power to perform better in bed.
8. Watermelon: It is very easy to consume and has the advantage that it contains lycopene and beta-carotene, both of which are ideal components for having effective sexual performance. Also found in watermelon is citrulline, an amino acid that works as a vasodilator, which helps maintain better erections for longer. It is also reflected in the ease of lasting longer in bed, preventing premature ejaculation. Free radicals in our body can be fought by simply eating watermelon, so this fruit has more benefits than we have mentioned to you, but without a doubt, premature ejaculation decreases if you start incorporating this fruit into your diet.
9. Kiwi: Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, kiwis help fight free radicals, which greatly influence premature ejaculation. Hence it is one of the most effective fruits to cure premature ejaculation.
10. Guava: Another great fruit that increases this squatting time. Guava should be a part of your daily diet, as it is a powerful enemy of premature ejaculation. It is due to the presence of vitamin C and vitamin A, which are essential for the proper functioning of our body, and this includes the mechanism that intervenes in ejaculation.
4 foods that cause premature ejaculation
While many foods help to cure premature ejaculation, have you ever wondered what foods could cause premature ejaculation? These foods generate “brain fog”. It's the lack of mental clarity that you sometimes feel that keeps you from functioning normally. These foods trigger this problem with ejaculation, so watch your diet to normalize your orgasm.
- Sugars - of course, sugar could give you some quick energy. However, this will not last. And in most cases, your sexual performance would be out of whack.
2. Chemical preservatives - Your body has not adapted to synthetic chemical preservatives. Several additives have already been linked to many forms of cancer as well as other unwanted side effects.
3. Additives directly affect your ability to perform in bed, and they are found in almost any pre-prepared store-bought food.
4. Wheat or grain - consuming wheat, corn or other grains is similar to consuming sugar. Your blood insulin skyrockets and soon after that drops. Wheat or grain also includes gluten, which in turn causes many ailments in the digestive system. A slower gastrointestinal tract means slower digestion, which implies reduced sexual performance.
There are a lot more foods that can be added to your diet to help fight the age-old war against PE like carrots, ginger and honey, garlic and many more. All these give blood flow to penile muscles which in turn help give you greater control over your ejaculation. If you still don't notice any changes, there are loads of options that can help you overcome PE.
A physician that specializes in such issues would suggest a few drugs that help assist the penile muscles so you can last longer. Some physicians would recommend numbing creams or gels to desensitize the area which gives males stimulation.
PE is something that most people don’t speak about openly, but it is something that occurs on the regular with males. Following a diet plan or your physician’s advice can help you reach your bedroom goals in no time.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP