Tadalafil at a glance
It is an oral tablet sold as a generic drug under many brand names. It has been categorized under prescription drug which means you should only buy it on a prescription obtained from a licensed medical practitioner. The common function of Tadalafil is to relax the muscles of the blood vessels and to increase blood flow in certain parts of the body. It is used for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), impotence and other conditions in men.
How it can be helpful for me?
Viagra and Tadalafil belong to the same class of drugs because of their similar nature. Tadalafil in specific increases the blood flow to the penis allowing it to get hard and expand. It helps you maintain an erection by counterattacking Erectile Dysfunction (ED) symptoms during sexual activity or when you are sexually aroused and excited.
It relaxes blood vessels of the lungs for men who are suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). It is a rare but serious form of high blood pressure.
Tadalafil is also used to ease Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms as it relaxes the prostate and bladder muscles.
Warnings—I must care about before taking this medicine!
It can have numerous side effects ranging from simple headache, diarrhea, back pain, muscle ache to many other serious irreversible consequences.
A person with heart conditions should not use Tadalafil to improve sexual activity. It may elevate problems causing chest pain or dizziness. This tablet might even cause Priapism, it is a condition in men responsible for erection that won’t go away. Without treatment, priapism may lead to enduring damage to your penis which could be physical deformity.
Your doctor may prescribe Tadalafil under any brand name but, if you are taking any other medicine for other health conditions, you must inform your doctor about such medicine.
Do not overdose ever and immediately consult your health care provider in case you face any sudden health issues during the course of medicine.
How should I take Tadalafil?
You must always take it as prescribed by the doctor and follow all directions. You must never exceed or decrease the doses on your own.
- It is taken only once a day.
- You can have it with or without food.
- You should never break or split the tablet unless advised otherwise by your doctor.
- If your doctor has advised taking Tadalafil for erectile dysfunction, you should take the tablet before sexual activity (but not more than one tablet a day). Although, you must be indulged in sexual activity to get stimulation because taking a pill won’t result in erection straight away.
- You must only take this tablet for the duration of the prescription.
- Alcohol and Tadalafil together can dilate your blood vessels, therefore, taking them together may drop your blood pressure.
Factors such as your age, condition that you are being treated for, the intensity of the condition and how you personally react to its dose may impact your prescription. Therefore, we recommend you to talk freely while you are consulting your doctor for Tadalafil prescription.