Ayurveda or Ved-Science is one of the oldest medical sciences in the world and is known to promote good health and long life through nature-obtained solutions. The fundamentals of Ayu-Life date back to 5,000 years ago with the wisdom of Yoga, Upanishads and Samkhya incorporated in it.
While maintaining the body, mind, and spirit in perfect equilibrium with nature, Ayurveda is the science and art of healing and living.
Amongst many ayurvedic chikitsas for different medical conditions, Vajikaran Chitiksa marks its place as a speciality of Ashtanga Ayurveda. Also known as Vrishya Chikitsa, it focuses on the aspects of aphrodisiacs, virility and progeny and promotes a good physique, strength, sexual potency and attractive complexion. This speciality of Ashtanga Ayurveda got its name from the Sanskrit name of the horse, that is “Vaji.”
Horses are a symbol of sexual potency and performance. The chikitsa aims at producing the vigour and sexual capacity in an individual, like that of an 8-year-old horse. This chikitsa comprises of herbal medications and yoga postures.
Some of the vajikaran herbs that are easy to find and consume in the daily diet are:
1. Kali Musli - Also known as Amaryllidaceae, Kali Musli is an excellent rejuvenator as per Ayurveda and Unani. Found in the Indian subcontinent; its ethanolic extract is known to improve sexual behaviour and performance in terms of erection, ejaculation, and sperm count. Moreover, Kali Musli leaves an anabolic effect on the penis which leads to an increase in its weight over time.
2. Safed Musli - Just like Kali Musli, Aravalis medicinal herb Safed Musli also works as a sexual stimulant. The ethanolic extract and sapogenins released from it not only helps in increasing body weight and muscle mass but also enhances the sexual drive, vigour, and sperm count in the male. Regular consumption of it in a small portion will likely help you last longer in bed.
3. Ashwagandha - Withania Somnifera or Ashwagandha is popularly known as the Indian ginseng. Found in the dry regions of India; this adaptogen tonic also works as an aphrodisiac for fertility issues and erection issues in men. The aqueous extract of Ashwagandha improves testosterone levels in the body and cures stress-induced infertility and erectile dysfunction.
4. Kapikachhu - Coming from the family of Leguminosae, Kapikachhu or Mucuna pruriens is a medicinal plant of Northern Himalayas. It is considered as a great sexual stimulator and sperm enhancers. Kapikachhu also cures infertility by recovering sperm concentration, testosterone level, ejaculation time and mating duration.
5. Shilajit - Another wonderful herb found in Northern Himalayas is Shilajit. Also known as the “Indian Viagra”, Shilajit is a natural aphrodisiac filled with humic acid and fluvic acid that boosts sexual drive and eliminates sexual disorders like unstable erections, premature orgasm and many more.
Though herbal medication does not require a prescription, it is always better to consult an Ayurvedic expert or Unani doctor before consuming any vajikaran herb. These herbs can work as wonder for your sexual and physical health if taken in the right form and quantity.