Hair loss is the most common problem faced by one-third of the population worldwide, be it by men or women. It is said that in general, everyone loses nearly 100 strands each day, which is common and natural. But too much hair fall can be due to many factors that include age, diet, hormonal and medical issues, genetics, stress, due to certain treatments, pollution, vitamin and minerals deficiency, etc.
There are many ways to prevent hair fall or deal with hair loss. 5 best ways to stop hair loss are:
● Wash hair on a regular basis to keep the scalp and hair clean which lowers the risk of infections and dandruff, which can lead to hair breakage or hair fall. By using a mild shampoo which is sulfate and paraben-free, you can actually prevent hair loss and help in hair regrowth. The challenge is to choose the best-suited shampoo by analyzing the hair and scalp type.
● Following a well-balanced diet is very important. Food that we eat matters a lot for the overall health of our body. Eating protein-rich food promotes hair health, in turn, prevents hair fall. Make sure to include a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, unsaturated fats, and lean proteins in the diet, and limit the intake of sweets.
Some of the vitamins and minerals found in food are associated with healthy hair. Sebum, an oily secretion from the sebaceous glands on the scalp is promoted by Vitamin A. A proper blood circulation in the scalp to help hair follicles to remain productive is promoted by Vitamin E, whereas Vitamin B helps hair to maintain its natural healthy color. Vitamin B7, generally called as Biotin, supports cell growth and helps cells grow more quickly in the hair follicle.
● Avoid smoking and reduce intake of alcohol which can eventually help to prevent hair loss. Smoking lowers the amount of blood flow to the scalp that in turn causes a reduction in hair growth. Similarly drinking alcohol reduces hair growth.
● Stress is directly proportional to all kinds of health issues. One of the serious effects that shows up faster is hair fall/ loss. De-stressing oneself by following meditation and yoga not only reduces stress but restores hormonal balance. Alongside regular physical activity like walking, running, swimming, cycling also promoted overall good health resulting in balanced hormonal levels, reducing hair fall.
● Avoid exposure to chemicals. Most of us are fascinated by the attractive hair colors which look fancy and trendy, so are the hairstyles like permanent hair straightening and smoothing. But the harsh chemicals in hair coloring and straightening products could damage the hair health. It is advised to avoid hair coloring for good health especially when going through hair loss problems. It is advised to be gentle on the hair while brushing or styling it. Regular twisting, twirling, or tying hair tight can lead to hair loss. Better to avoid tight hairstyles, such as pigtails, cornrows, braids, and buns.
Although these tips are helpful in understanding the ways to prevent hair fall and deal with hair loss, it is always advised to take professional help for better medication and treatment.