Anybody can suffer from hair loss, but it is more prevalent among men. Loss of hair can be experienced either on the scalp or on the entire body. Hair loss can be permanent or temporary. The causes of hair loss are varied. Male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness is mainly genetic. Hormonal changes or certain medical conditions can also result in hair loss. Certain medications like drugs for treating cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, and high blood pressure can also lead to hair loss. Temporary hair loss can occur in people who are experiencing extreme stress in their life.
Genetic hair loss cannot be prevented. However, there are a lot of treatments available to prevent hair loss that is non-genetic. The most inexpensive therapy for hair loss can be had right at your home.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has been used since ages as the proverbial ‘jack of all trades.’ It has been used to assist weight loss, regulate digestion, as a skin tonic, and a household cleaner. Also, it can be effectively used to treat hair loss. It is one of the best ingredients to restore hair growth.
ACV comes with a robust list of advantages that make it a must-have for preventing hair loss:
1) Most of the shampoos have high alkaline pH, which is higher than the normal scalp pH. This leads to scalp irritation and dryness and hair cuticle damage resulting in frizzy hair. ACV is acidic. This acidity neutralizes the alkaline pH, thereby improving the scalp’s health.
2) No matter how well you wash your hair, the scalp does accumulate a lot of residual shampoo, conditioner, gel, or mousse. The more frequent the use of these products, the higher are the residuals on the scalp. These residues make the hair dull and lifeless. Washing your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar removes these residues and restores the lost shine of your hair.
3) By the number of anti-dandruff shampoos available in the market, one can conclude that dandruff is one of the major culprits of hair loss. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of ACV scraps the yeast build-up on the scalp, thus reducing dandruff. Less dandruff means reduced hair fall.
4) No one wants a stringy hair resembling a bird’s nest. Regular application of ACV removes the frizz and roughness, resulting in shiny, smooth hair.
5) Regular massage of the scalp with ACV improves the blood circulation to the hair follicles. An efficient flow enables the follicles to get more nutrients, thus strengthening the roots and resulting in healthy hair.
A healthy scalp is necessary to prevent hair loss. ACV keeps the scalp healthy by getting rid of bacteria, fungi, and other residues and assisting the scalp in balancing its pH. However, care should be taken not to over-use ACV. Its acidic nature can lead to adverse reactions when used in excess. On a safer side, always mix ACV with equal or more amount of water to rinse your hair.