Are you concerned about how much hair you are losing? Is your hair-fall problem bothering you way too much? A tad bit of hair fall is standard in every human being. However, if the situation becomes noticeable, it’s time you attend to this issue at the earliest.
Everyone dreams of long, healthy and lustrous hair. While many products in the market claim to provide an effective solution to your hair fall problems, they cannot really help. In such a situation, it’s better to go organic. The results may be slow, but it will definitely help you without any side effects.
So try an organic, natural hair health remedy. The first of its kind in India.
Fenugreek Seeds and It’s Benefits for Hair Growth
Fenugreek as a herb is primarily available in southern Europe, Mediterranean region and western Asia. While Fenugreek leaves are used a vegetable, Fenugreek seeds have medicinal usage as well.
These tiny golden seeds have high protein and nicotinic acid content, which makes them highly beneficial for the health of your scalp and hair. Fenugreek also helps in bringing back your hair luster. Stated below are some of the common ways in which fenugreek seeds are beneficial for the hair:
- Help Prevent Loss of Hair: Fenugreek seeds strengthen the hair from the roots. They also prevent irritation of the scalp and dandruff. To avoid hair loss, the fenugreek seeds have to be soaked in water all night and then blended with lemon juice. The mask then has to be applied on hair, kept on for at least 20 minutes and then rinsed off.
The seeds can also be soaked in coconut oil for approximately 3-4 hours and then massaged onto the scalp to get rid of dryness and dandruff.
- Gives your hair shine: Fenugreek seeds are a great substitute of chemical-based shampoos. These seeds help to condition the hair strands, the follicles, and the roots.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Fenugreek seeds promote hair growth by killing the fungi and bacteria present on the scalp. One has to blend ½ cup fenugreek seeds, 6-7 drops of rosemary oil, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel, some coconut oil and apply the mask on the scalp. After leaving the mask for 30-40 minutes, the mask has to be rinsed off.
Fenugreek or Methi Masks For Hair Growth
Ayurveda states that methi or fenugreek is warm in nature. When something warm in nature is applied to the hair, it helps to loosen the follicles. Therefore, fenugreek seeds have to be soaked in water before application. Here are two common ways in which fenugreek seeds can be applied to prevent hair from falling:
- Fenugreek Seeds with Lemon and Coconut Milk: For this, the fenugreek seeds have to be soaked in water and left overnight. It then has to be ground into a thick paste. After that, add coconut milk and lemon juice to the paste and massage onto the hair. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then wash it off. You will start feeling the difference in your hair from the very first use.
- Fenugreek Seeds and Coconut Oil: For this, the fenugreek seeds should be finely ground into a powder. After this, one has to add one tablespoon of coconut oil to it. After mixing well, apply the mixture on your scalp, allow it to dry and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. This is a potent remedy which helps to prevent hair fall effectively.
I hope this gives you a complete idea about how to use fenugreek seeds to keep your hair in good condition. The best thing about these remedies is that they can easily be prepared at home and do not have any side effects.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP