While women are queens of beauty upkeep, men stay on the “I-don’t-care-side” of things, until they’re haunted by receding hairlines. Your hair is your crown, so worrying is valid.
In most cases, hair can regrow if proper care is taken and a hair care routine is maintained. Hair fall could be the result of a medical condition so confirm with a dermatologist that an underlying medical condition is not the cause.
Here are five tips to naturally regrow your hair:
1. Coconut oil: This magic potion has recently taken social media by storm, as beauty influencers are now raving about its benefits. Its ingredients are what makes it the go-to natural remedy: - Lauric acid: protects hair roots preventing them from breakage by binding to the protein in the hair - Antioxidants: nourishes your hair and scalp - Vitamins (E, K and iron) and fatty acids: nourishes the scalp and aids in removing sebum build-up in hair follicles. They also boost hair growth and re-growth. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft, protecting it from external impurities and reducing the amount of protein loss that your hair may be suffering from. You can use coconut oil in different ways - it depends on your hair type. Massage it into your scalp and then move on to the strands. - Oily hair: Use it about 2 hours before a shower. - Dry hair: You can use it as a leave-in treatment three times a week.
2. Aloe Vera: With many pioneers, aloe vera has been used for decades to aid in hair loss treatment. By soothing your stressed scalp and conditioning your hair, it reduces dandruff and unblocks hair follicles that are choked by excess oil. If you choose to use pure aloe vera gel, you can directly apply that to your scalp about four times a week. Shampoos and conditioners that contain aloe vera are also a viable option.
3. Lemon Fresh juice or even lemon oil enhances the quality of your hair, helping it grow. It helps in the upkeep of your scalp which in turn encourages hair growth, the harmony of good natural remedies are indirect yet effective. Before you shampoo your hair, apply fresh lemon juice - focusing on your scalp - for 15 minutes.
4. Fish oil You may be under the assumption that only women use fish oil – let’s break the bubble for you so you can reap its benefits. This is an internal blessing - omega fatty acids are packed with nutrients and proteins that help your hair from the inside. They boost immunity as well, a bonus! It reduces hair loss and helps with hair density and diameter - thickening those luscious locks.
5. Massage: Who doesn’t like a good ol’ massage? Massaging helps with growth restoration by stimulating blood flow to your scalp. The stretching encourages hair growth, and the thickness in the dermal papilla cells that chill at the bottom of your hair follicles, so happy follicles equal happy hair! It takes a few months for the benefits to shine their best, so it’s important to stick to a consistent hair care routine - self-care is sacred!