We are going to talk about the worst nightmare for either of the sexes. It does not matter whether you are a man or a woman, hair loss is real, and it can happen to the best of us.
Virat and Anushka can try to make anti-dandruff shampoo advertisements as sexy as they want. However, the cold hard truth remains set in stone. It is the bane of everyone's life.
Dandruff is a widespread condition, and it can cause significant embarrassment to people in social scenarios.
Causes of dandruff
- Dry scalp and skin
- Dirty hair that breeds bacteria
- Overuse of chemical products in the form of haircare
- Oily and irritated scalp
- Acute skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Hormonal imbalance
Can dandruff cause hair loss?
A direct link between dandruff and hair fall has not been observed yet; however, some people who suffer from dandruff have complained about a significant hair loss. Dandruff makes the scalp dry and fraught with white flaky formations. The extreme itchiness it induces in the scalp leads people to scratch their head insufferably. The scratching of the scalp can cause irreparable damage to hair follicles, weakening them and hence causing hair loss. However, baldness is still a far-fetched consequence of dandruff.
How to cure hair fall induced by dandruff?
There are a lot of incurable diseases in the world, but praise the heavens, dandruff is not one of them. Follow our comprehensive guide to get free from the clutches of this scalp condition.
Plan of action
You cannot cure a disease until you diagnose it. Also, you do not need to take some complicated test to diagnose dandruff. All you've got to do is check your shoulder and your head. If you see weird white grain or flake-like particles on your clothes, hair, scalp, eyebrows or ear cavity then, hallelujah, you have dandruff.
If you do not have health insurance, then do not panic. You do not need it to take care of this bad boy. Most cases of dandruff can be treated by off the counter products such as anti-dandruff shampoos and lotions. Furthermore, if you do not see improvement in your condition, then you must see a doctor, dermatologist to be specific.
- A little sunlight is suitable for your scalp.
- Organic is the way of life. Introduce herbal and organic products to treat your hair.
- Give your hair the nourishment of oil and hair masks that will not only nourish your scalp but also revitalize your hair.
- Use medicated shampoos if need be.
- Do not put in unnecessary hair products.
- Constant exposure to heat, such as hair dryers without heat protectants, is not good for the health of your scalp in the long run.
- Do not over-wash or under-wash your hair. Over-washed hair can rid your scalp of necessary oils and nourishment your scalp produces for itself. Under-washed hair can make your scalp the playing field for bacteria and fungal infections.
Dandruff does not lead to permanent hair loss. Hair growth has been observed in people who have recovered from severe dandruff. However, if left untreated, prolonged hair conditions such as dandruff could lead to significant hair loss.
Medically reviewed by Rishabh Verma, RP