What is the value of hair can be better explained by someone who has been through the vicious cycle of hair loss. As someone quoted, ‘if my hair looks good, I can deal with anything!’ So, it’s not today, but since biblical times that hair has been linked to a man’s valor, self-esteem, and self-confidence. Although there is no logic behind the same, many men still feel psychologically vulnerable once they start losing their hair.
As per studies, men mostly suffer from hair loss known as androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, which is said to be accounting for around 95% of hair loss in men. Also, it’s common that by the time men reach their fifties, 85% of them do face hair loss or significant hair thinning. But what is alarming is that due to changes in lifestyles, stress, heredity, or at times, even due to the effects of medication, many men go through this challenging phase from as early as their twenties. Although it might not really affect a few, for most it is a very difficult situation to cope up with, affecting both their personal and professional lives. Hair loss also leads to feelings of depression anxiety and social phobia in quite a few. But keeping in mind that hair is not the be-all and end-all of life, here are a few ways in which you can try and fight the psychological effects of hair loss.
1. It’s your hair, not you: Your hair is a part of you, not you. People should know you for who you are, what you say, and what you do, and not by whether your hair is more or less. If they do, then they are not the right set of people to hang around with. Maybe hair loss has hit you earlier than you expected, but it’s good to keep in mind that as we age, there are bound to be some changes in our physical appearances if not today, then tomorrow. What is essential is not to change who we are.
2. Right action: If you are facing hair loss or hair thinning issues and looking for a remedy, then the best way is to take precautionary measures right away. There are a lot of medications like minoxidil solution and finasteride, which, if taken early on, can help reverse the situation. Also, going for a hair cut or hairstyle that goes with your hairline would be a smart thing to do.
3. Try not to panic: Easier said than done, but those extra strands that you are finding everywhere, does increase the stress, which in turn leads to more hair fall. One needs to stay as calm about the same as possible. As per studies, losing up to fifty to a hundred hairs a day is normal. So just because you are losing hair, shouldn’t actually make you so worried that you end up loosing more! Also, many times the reasons might be temporary like the side effects of chemotherapy, making it possible for your hair to grow back again.
4. Find out the reason: Treating hair loss without finding the actual cause behind it is like going in for superficial treatment. The main reasons attributing to hair loss are a family history leading to male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness, hormonal changes or medical condition, a side-effect of medications or radiation therapy, stress, and hair treatments. Therefore, pointing at the right reason will help you fight the issue the right way. For example, hair loss as a side effect of any particular medication can easily be treated by using alternative medicines.
5. Take the help of technology: If hair loss is something that still bothers you, there are many technological advancements in the field of hair loss and hair loss treatments that would help you manage the situation. Like hair transplants, LLLT ( low-level laser therapy), wigs and hairpieces, and so on. You can always choose something that suits you, and not let hair loss shatter or affect your confidence in any way!
Combat hair loss, the natural way with Misters' Hair Growth Pack- the first of its kind in India.