What do you notice when you first see a person? Their personality? Yes. Their shoes? Maybe. Their hair? Every time! Now imagine meeting a person with a receding hairline, that won’t bother you, because we accept others for who they are. But if that turns out to be a balding mirror reflection of yourself, you will have a problem.
While most men stray from talking about hair fall openly, it’s as real a problem in men as it is in women. Women are more sensitive in social circles when it comes to hair loss, but some men can be brutal at times. Watching your friends compare your head, instead of your face to the moon has never been anyone’s dream come true.
We don’t mean to scare you, but there are plenty of underlying chemical reasons that can be responsible for what’s causing hair fall and while not all can be easily identified, some show symptoms. When spotted early on, one can fight hair fall and on most days, WIN!
Here are 5 signals telling you that “Dude, you are going bald.”
1. Genetic Mutation #NotAllMen – While most men may suffer a casual loss of hair every now and then, there will always be a chance for the relative of a bald man to inherit it from his family. If you begin to feel a gradual thinning on top of your head, then you know that the genes have kicked in and it’s time to brace yourself. Genetic hair loss can be slowed down, but not avoided.
2. Receding Hairline – When you look up in the mirror and notice that the once defined hairline is losing its density, you know that something’s wrong. A receding hairline is a clear sign of hair fall. Now, this can be caused due to multiple reasons that include factors like age, hormonal changes, lifestyle choices, medication and more. The good news is that you can fix a receding hairline if spotted and treated early on.
3. Hair In the Mesh – No matter how strong you think you are, no one likes to see hair clogged down in the drain, for multiple reasons. It’s gross. But moreover, it’s scary to realise that the mesh of hair blocking the drain is the bush of hair that should ideally be attached to your scalp. This, too, can be treated by visiting the doctor, so make sure you do.
4. Visible Scalp – We all look in the mirror while combing our hair and none of us wishes to witness the whiteness of our scalp peeking through a patch of missing hair. If you have different spots wherein the skin of your scalp is easily visible, then it’s time to be alarmed. This patch baldness can be alopecia, and it’s treatable.
5. Itchy Head – Think of an itchy head and you think of dandruff. But have you ever imagined what could be worse than dandruff? Not lice, hair fall! An itchy scalp is not just a reminder to wash your hair, but rather to take care of your scalp because a dry scalp is incapable of nourishing the roots and follicles of your hair.
These are just some of the widespread reasons for hair fall in men, and we hope this helps you spot it early on. The sooner you identify the cause behind hair fall, the sooner you will be able to fix your hair and go back to the hairstyle you truly deserve!